Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Bit By the Bug Tuesday: Meet the Flockers

Hello everyone!  It is Bit by the Bug Tuesday! If you are new to the blog it is that day of the week when I share with you all, the latest freebie available over at Creative Bug on the Loose.  As I mentioned last week, Naomi is currently not doing too well although there has been some slight improvement.  No fear though, I've stepped in to help her out so for the next few weeks, you'll still be able to take advantage of her weekly freebie.  Keep reading to find out how to nab it.

This week we have "Meet the Fockers" for you. 


Hee Hee.  I had fun naming this image.  If you don't get the pun, I explain it on Naomi's blog.  As for card ideas, there's a plenty.  I've created an encouragement card.  Two other friends that I roped in to helping out  graciously offered to assist me, came up with different ideas on how to use this image. 

Here is the front of my card...


Here is a closer look at that cute image...


Here is the inside....


Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

Digital Image:
  • Meet the Flockers (front):  As mentioned, this image is available as a freebie this week over at Creative Bug on the Loose.  Get it while you can because it will be gone by next Tuesday.  
    • I used Copics to colour the birdsBodies: Y11, Y13, Y15.  Beaks & feet:  Y17, YR04, YR07.  Hair bow: B32, B34, B39.
  • I was lucky enough to find a really cool pattern for the clouds online at a neat site called Webtreats, Etc.
Digital Sentiments:
  • Front and inside sentiments:  Ones I created.
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  The DP used in making this card are from Recollection's Bold & Basic Paper Pad.
  • Shadow in behind the sentiments is Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Cape Cod.
  • Shimmery shadow in behind image on front is Michael's openstock scrapbook paper.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

In order to take advantage of this week's free digi stamp, 'Meet the Fockers', head over to Creative Bug on the Loose and follow the instructions on how to grab it.  While you are over there, don't forget to check out the wonderful cards created by Ike and Vicky using this week's freebie along with all the great digis Naomi has available in the store for purchase. If you have the chance, please leave her a little love tooShe could definitely use some right now.



I've caught the bug,
have you?





Until next time,

Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.

24 comments:

ike said...

Oh, that's so cool Lisa. I never thought of that !!! See - just shows how versatile this little image can be :-D
FABBO.
Hugz
IKE xxxx

Unknown said...

Lisa your card is amazing and I am loving the sentiments you created for it, it is perfect!!! Love the cloud background and the patterned paper your choose couldn't match any better!! Beautiful job my friend and know you are truly appreciated and I am still in a awe how committed you are to have my back the way you have, words could never express the gratitude I have for you. Lots of love my sweet sweet friend. xxxxxxxxxxx

Crafting Vicky said...

This is a fabulous card! Totally adore that sentiment with it!!! They look amazing in yellow!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very Pretty,Great coloring!I'm a new follower!

Pia S said...

This is really sweet, Lisa! The background of clouds was a great find - it's perfect for those birds!

Karon said...

Lisa you did a fabulous job with this image - Wonderful card and great colours. TFS.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Lisa, how adorable your wonderful card is. Great coloring and I love the image. joann sassy raggedy

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!! I LOVE the sweet image and the perfectly paired sentiments. Made me smile.

Lisa Minckler said...

Adorable!!!! This image really is extremely versatile. :) Love what you've done with this card!

Cherished said...

CUTE! Amazing Card. Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap.

Cazro said...

Such a cute and humorous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Unknown said...

Great card Lisa,

Love the fun image and sentiment and great background that you have created.

Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends. Good luck

Tracey DTxxx

Natalie Laurijssen said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
X - Natalie - X

Valerie said...

Very cute. Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Scrap challenge blog.

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Lisa,
This is wonderful! Sometimes you see a card that just makes you smile and the smile lingers for a long time. This is one of those cards. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card, such a fabulous image.
Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Lisa. I love the image and the sentiment is brilliant
Thank you for taking part in the No Matter Which Challenge this month
hugs Sue xx

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

What an adorable card. I love that image.

Thanks for playing along at The Stamping Chef.

Kimberly
TSC DT

Peggy T. said...

Lisa, what a great card of encouragement. Well done. Thanks for sharing with us in the CDAC Anything Goes Challenge.

Peggy T.
CDAC DT Member

Lisa :) said...

This is lovely, great coloring and the soft colors are great for springtime. Love the sentiment inside as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stamping Chef!! --Sous Chef Lisa

Linda said...

Hi!
Nice card! Thanks for joining our Foreverfriends-Pastel color challenge!
Linda DT-FF
stampscrapandsmile.blogspot.nl

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Loves to Scrap!!

JenniferD said...

This is Soooooo Cute! Love the Sweet sentiment! Thanks for joining us at NMWC

bumblebee creations said...

This is such a great card--love it!