Monday, May 20, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenges #63--3D Projects

~Warning:  Picture Loaded.~

For some of us it is still the weekend, as we celebrate the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada or as some of us affectionately refer to it is as the May long two four.  This weekend also marks the the unofficial start to summer up here.

It is also time for this week's challenge over at the dynamite Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #63 the theme is "3D Projects"We want to see any type of 3 dimensional item added to your cards, whether it is an embellishment like a flower or a gemstone, some bows or even creating a 3D effect on the image itselfAdd something so your card won't be flat and you should be all set.  Or if you want, you could just create a 3D object.  One of the team created a farm based centrepiece which is really cool. 

Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! That is a lot of digital delight and there have been winners who have walked away with all eight images so it isn't just a pipe dream, it can happen.  If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.

I've used the following digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • My darling cousin Karen, if you are reading this then I suggest that you turn away now and come back in a couple months or it will ruin the surprise.
  • Let's hope that Karen has heeded the warning.
  • In fact, at this very moment, she is in my house, probably just getting up and ready for the day at the time this post is scheduled to come out.  So I know that she won't see it today; however there is the chance she may peek at this post before her birthday which is still a couple months away and I hope the temptation isn't too much for her to peek.  I really, really, hope she likes her card.  I'm sending it back with her in her suitcase so that I don't have to worry about it getting crushed in the mail. 
  • What are the odds that that I'd be working and posting her card on the very same weekend that I meet her face to face.  Things that make you say hmmmm.....
 FRONT 


Digital Image:
  • Country Mailbox:  This is another of those combo coloured images.  The sky, fence post, letter, and mailbox were all coloured in digitally using patterns.  
    • Credits:
    •  The rest was coloured using Copic markers.  FlowersYR000, YR00, YR02, YR04, Y21,Y23.  Birds:  W1, W3, W5.
    • I created duplicates and then fussy cut out the birds and created triplicates of the flowers in the mailbox and then fussycut three different layers to help give the picture depth.  This was one way I added 3D elements to my card. 
  •  Here is a closer look at the beautiful image...

Cricut Cartridge Used:
  • Elegant Edges:  The backdrop to the side was created using my Cricut cartridge, Elegant edges.
Digital Sentiment:
  • Special Delivery: Is one I created.
Embellishments:
  • Lace and ribbon:  Both from Dollarama.  For the lace, I took a long strip and cut it in half and then wound it around the front panel.
  • The three little blue gem stones are Craft brand also picked up at Dollarama. 
  • The lace bow and the gemstones were also ways I helped to raise up the card from strictly being flat.  Here is a sideways view to give you an idea of the little bit of depth I've achieved.
INSIDE
Here is the inside...


Digital Sentiment:
  • Birthday sentimentThis sentiment is available from San's Design. You can find it in the store HERE or by clicking on the watermark of the set below.


OVERALL 

Paper Products:
  • Card base, shadow in behind image and sentiment, decorative pieces on the front: Crafts Brand Cardstock, browns -- purchased at Dollarama.
  • Designer Paper:  Paisley paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection. 
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design teamWe always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.



Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,


Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


 

9 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Gorgeous card! I'm sure your cousin will absolutely loooove it!!! fabulous digital coloring. WOW I wish I could do that!

ike said...

Oh, what a truly delightful card - I bet she will absolutely LOVE this card :-) Hope your time together is going well xx

I won that Mailbox digi and am now inspired after seeing your gorgeous creation :-)

Huggies
IKE xxx

Denise Pustelniak said...

This is TERRIFIC, Lisa! Love the clouds and the popped up 3-D's!

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Lisa. Loving the sky behind the image and the bow really sets off the design nicely.
She will love it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karon said...

WOW - wonderful card an love how you layered it. WOW - digital colouring! TFS

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Lisa, this is outstanding...Just beautiful...joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

Your cousin will adore this! Is she crafty like you?
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

NickScrapShack said...

Love the work you done with this image. It´s a great match between the ribbon and the colours and I love the popped up flowers. The white ribbon looks fantastic too. Well done with the 3-d challenge.
Hugs Nick

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

*warning* caffeine loaded commenter here... hahah! Well, almost caffeine loaded ;)
I LOVE this card. So many beautiful details. The colors are all so muted and soft, but at the same time all of the layers of colors and shading and highlights make it WOW. You cut and popped the perfect pieces. This is really such a stunning and sweet creation!
HUGS