Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Card Design: San's Design Sneak Peek Revealed

If any of you were around the last week of April, you may have seen a tiny sneak peek of the card I created using one of the new images from San's latest release.  The sneak peek looked something like this...


The image from the new release that I used for this card was one of the wonderful new lace images available..
SN00161--Lacey
This set is great because you get two different types of lace to work with.  For my small things new release sneak peek I worked with the top lace in the set and created the following card...


I also used San's amazing 'What would you attempt...' sentiment that was uploaded to the store earlier this month.
SN00153-What would you attempt...
I kept the inside of the card simple and just created a sentiment that I thought went well with San's great quote..


Image Details:
  • This is another great design that I'll be able to use over and over in a variety of different projects.  For this project I coloured it up with a watercolour pencil and with Copics B32 and B34. 
  • I kept the front of the card simple because I wanted San's designs to take centre stage.
  • One of the challenges is shabby or vintage.  I personally feel that the laces and DP I used have a vintage feel to them.  It isn't just me is it?
Sentment Details:
  • I took San's sentiment and coloured it up to match the papers I would be using.
  • I created the inside sentiment, matching it to the fonts that San used and to the same colour as the front one so that the piece would have a cohesive look to it. 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  Blue and white (inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--blues collection.   The strips of solid blue on each end of the front are Michael's openstock scrapbook paper.
 Embellishments:
  • I picked up these funky white bell shaped flowers at Dollarama.
Ribbon:
  •  The pink ribbon I used at the base of the flowers is Offray from a stash I got from my mom. 
Challenge I am hoping to enter this digital design into:
You can find each of these sets in the web shop.  I've linked them up so you just have to click on the name underneath the watermarked image to go to their location in the store.

I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and also hope you get the chance to go and check out the latest releases that San has put out if you haven't already.  While you are there, why not take a look and see what other fabulous designs you can find in the store.  There are lots of beautiful designs perfect for all your card making needs.


Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!



Until next time,
    

Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the text.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


5 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous card :-)
I went over and got that lace (and some others LoL)
Happy Wednesday :-D
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa Minckler said...

This is gorgeous!! The detail on all the lace is amazing and the inside sentiment is perfect. Beautiful job Lisa :)

Karon said...

Fabulous card and love those lace digis wow! TFS

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally love the blue and white look!!! Awesome!

nnalorac said...

Lovely card, love the lace and sentiment. Thanks for joining us over on Fashionista. Carolxx