Thursday, May 16, 2013

Card Design: Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge #4-First Card

Once again, it is time to submit my cards for the Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge.  This will be one of two posts.  I'd love to combine them but all the linkies for the challenges are so particular and won't let you submit two images from the one post.  All the preamble will be here and the next post will simply be card details.

So here we go... 

Each month Lady Anne hosts a progressive Christmas Challenge where we get two images to play with.  As long as we submit a card with at least one of them, we are eligible to receive two more the next month.  Quite the deal isn't it?  She is trying it out for six months to see how it goes.  I hope it is a success, because this is certainly one incentive to help me stay ahead of the Christmas card panic!  I now have eight cards in the pot.  Woo hoo!

This month the sponsor is 

Here is my card and the details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

FRONT
Digital Image:
  • Copic markers used--Skater: E000, E00, E02, R20 (skin); C3, C5, C7, 100 (hair); R20, R22, R24, R29 (outfit); colourless blender, N0, C1, C3, C7 (skates).  Grounding around image: grey pastel (chalk) from Faber-Castell (though it is difficult to see in the picture).
Digital Sentiment:
  • Miss you beary much:  This is a sentiment that I picked up as a freebie from Netty's Cards.  She has a lot of wonderful freebies that can be found HERE.  You also should check out her cards.  She is truly gifted.
Ribbon:
  • Blue and gold sheer ribbon is Craft brand from Dollarama.
Embellishments:
  • White flowers are from Dollarama.

INSIDE 


Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created.

OVERALL

Paper Products:
  • Card Base and shadow for inside sentiment: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white. 
  • Designer Papers:  Blue Snowflake (front & inside) and Noel paper (front)--Recollections Bright Christmas Cardstock Paper.  
  • Solid red used as a shadow in behind images and sentiment is Michael's open stock scrapbook.
Challenges I hope to enter:
I may add to this list throughout the week and or month.

Now, I'm headed to post number two.  See you again in a few minutes!





18 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is soooo cute! Love the bow with the flowers!!!

Suze said...

What a wonderful card Lisa. Love the colouring, love the gorgeous bow on the front and that sentiment is great.

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful and you are definitely on the top of your game with eight Christmas cards already done and dusted. I love the sentiment on the inside you created yourself.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karon said...

Great card and sentiments - love the image. TFS

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - love the greeting on the inside as well as the front - thanks for entering my CHNC cahllenge extra for May x

Lisa Minckler said...

How fun is this!! I love that nontraditional image for Christmas. It's wintry and fun and perfect to express the climate and season. Annette's sentiments are WONDERFUL. I have an entire folder of them too. These two are just perfect together. :)
Hugs to you,
L x

Gail said...

What a perfect image to use for our challenge. Absolutely wonderful. Your coloring is great on this cute little ice skater. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge and hope to see you again next time, too! --Gail

Karen Letchworth said...

This image is gorgeous, and you did an amazing job creating with it. Your cards are all SO creative and sweet and I thank you for continuing to share your wonderful cards in our challenges, Lisa. You are such a blessing to me, and I thank God for allowing me to meet you and to enjoy your fellowship and to see your great creations. Thanks again for sharing and have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Laurian said...

I love your colouring and what a fantastic design.
Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Progressive Challenge at Lady Annes and I can't wait to see what you make next month!
Hugz
Laurian

My Creative Therapy said...

Hi Lisa,

Very cute image! And that's a great bow too!! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
Kathi
Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

Annette said...

Wow, Lisa, your card is so lovely. I love the image, and thank you so much for the wonderful credit you gave for my freebie sentiments. I love seeing them on people's cards. Thank so you much for including it on your card and letting me know you'd used it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Annette
Netty's Cards
xx

Rose said...

such a pretty card and your coloring is awesome!!! :)
so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
Rose GD

Chana Malkah said...

Lisa, this is just too cute! You did a great job of coloring and presenting this image! Thanks for another fabs submission to 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Sassy Raggedy said...

Lisa, I love your wonderful coloring. Such a great image and that bow is awesome. Lovely card. joann sassy raggedy

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

AWWWW!
This is SO very sweet!

VanessaB said...

beautiful, sweet card!

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card! I really like the image and the ribbon & flower embellishment is so creative. I love it! Thanks so much for playing along in this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge. Pleae come back soon.

Stephanie
Word Art Wednesday DT

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Lisa. I love the image, gorgeous colours and a lovely sentiment too.
Thank you for taking part in the Christmas At Sweet Stampin' challenge.
Sue xx