Monday, May 13, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenges #62--Tag! You're It!

Hope you have all had a marvelous weekend.  It is Monday morning and that means that it is time for this week's challenge over at the delectable Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #62 the theme is "Tag!  You're It".  Have any gifts coming up that you want to use a special tag on?  Well, now is the time to create it.   

Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! That is a lot of digital delight and there have been winners who have walked away with all eight images so it isn't just a pipe dream, it can happen.  If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.

I've used the following digi:
Here is my tag from a distance to show the overall project...


 Here is a closer look at the actual tag...

 
Don't you want to just eat it right up?  I would love to someday be able to colour like this, by hand or even digitally.  Digi Darla has some wonderful precoloured digis that you can use if you are unsure of colouring yourself or just in a hurry.  Since I had four projects to complete by Sunday, this precoloured image was just the perfect digi for creating my cupcake tag.

Also, by far, quickest project in history.  Woo, hoo!  Quickest post too!  Which is a really good thing since this post needs to go out for 8 am and it is 2 am and I just got up from a two hour rest because I'm not feeling well.  I was lying there thinking, uh, I really don't want to get up when I realized I didn't have much I needed to add so here I am finishing it up lickity split!
  Image Details:
  • Cupcake:  As mentioned, the image is  Digi Darla's Circle Cupcake Colored and available in the store HERE.   I've had my eye on this baby for awhile and today's project was the perfect opportunity to use it.
Sentiment:
  • From a mini Inkinkadoo stamp set I have.
Paper Products:
  • Tag base: Michael's Recollection's Signature Special "My Favourite Things" paper pad.  Normally $29.99, I picked it up for $7.99--now that is a serious bargain.  I love how this paper has some little cupcakes on it too.  Just the perfect subtle backdrop.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there I invite you to check out the fabulous creations from my colleagues on the design teamWe always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,


Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.

9 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is really an awesome tag. Just love the DP you got a real bargain there!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love the way you made the tag look like a cupcake!

Karon said...

Great tag - love the cup cake. Feel better soon! Hugs, Karon.

Unknown said...

Love love love your tag Lisa!!!!! Yes it looks yummy and I could eat it up very quickly I might add. I have to get a colored cartridge for my printer so I can do a quick precolored digi, great idea!

I hope you are feeling better very soon and get all your work caught up, yeah right! hahahaha LOL, we know if you get caught up you will find something to add to your plate, it is usually helping someone else out... you are such a wise AND beautiful soul. Has anyone told you today that they love you and appreciate you????... consider it done.....Big Hugs my bestest friend.

NickScrapShack said...

Great shaped tag! What a clever thought!

Have a great week!
Hugs Nick

Jennifer said...

Great tag and great cupcake. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes

Lisa Minckler said...

That looks SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!! Wish I had this to display at the Cupcake Camp :)

Shea said...

This is so cute, Lisa. Love the cupcake shape of the tag, and that image is positively scrumptious!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

um ... YUMMMM!!!
The digital coloring on this is Beautiful! It almost doesn't look like it could be digitally colored. So soft and dimensional and wonderful and delicious (me licking the screen).