Monday, May 06, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenges #61--You Make Me Spin Round and Round

Yay, I still have Internet!  Fingers crossed it will stay that way.  I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.  We've gone straight from winter to summer up here and enjoyed a rather warm and sunny weekend.

As the first full week in May unfolds--can you believe we are already in May?--it is time for a new challenge over at the delightful Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #61 the theme is "You Make Me Spin Round and Round".  It is time to show us your round cards.

Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! Imagine the fun you could have with all those digis!  If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you write DD after your name.

I've used the following DD digis in my project this week:

Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • I almost had a rectangular card for a round card challenge so for once all the questions I ask turned out to be a blessing.  You see, when I started over at DD back in January, I copied down all the upcoming challenge themes in hopes that I could work ahead. Hah!  Fooled myself into thinking THAT was possible but I digress.  Anyways, early in the week I had a number of questions related to what I thought were the May challenges.  Turns out that I had all the challenge themes wrong because they had been changed (the ones I had were from a team member who had left) and I hadn't checked to make sure that the list was the same.  Serves me right for not double checking.  So, I managed to confuse and panic a couple people on the team, sorry about that guys!  However, there was one other who had been under the same impression I had, so I didn't feel quite so bad anymore; misery in company and all that.  Thus, with just a few days to go, I quickly had to a reverse 180 and think outside of the box shape.  I didn't have enough stress to deal with this week.  Sheesh!
  • Not bad for my very first round card EVER!  Thank goodness I have the Cricut machine and a cartridge that allows me to create circle card bases.

 FRONT 


Digital Images:
  • Angel & quote (front):  The image on the front of the card is Digi Darla's Angel Up.  The angel was coloured using Copic markers.  HairE31, E33, E37Skin:  E000, E00, E02, R20.  Top & flower in hair:  R29, R35, R39.  Wings: colourless blender, N0, C1, C3.
    • I recoloured the sentiment, which is part of the image, matching it to the blue of the sky.
  • I digitally paper pieced in the sky using a wonderful night sky paper from Far, Far, Hill.  It is a shame that I haven't actually been over to see any of her new stuff, in the past couple months because her work is always wonderful.  Aren't those clouds amazing?  Unfortunately, my printer didn't do the sky justice but it did for those nice fluffy clouds at least.
    • I also added some gold glitter glue to the stars and some iridescent glitter glue to the moon and the wings.  I've enlarged the picture for you to see the sparkle a bit better.  The gold shows up really well but you really have to look close to see it on the wings and unfortunately you can't see it at all on the moon form the pic. 


Cricut Cartridge Used:
  • Elegant Edges:  I used one of the flowers, I think it was <flower 3> in order to make the frame that I put over the image. 
Embellishments:
  • Lace:  Craft brand from Dollarama.  I took a long strip and cut it in half and then threaded it through the holes.
  • The three little roses are Craft brand paper flowers I picked up at Dollarama as well.

 INSIDE

Overall view of the inside...



With a closer look at the sentiment...

  Digital Sentiment:
  • Faith sentiment (inside)Once again, I have relied on Paulette's amazing array of sentiments to complete this card.  This sentiment is one I got as a freebie over at Create With TLC.   It is now available in the store as part of her 'Stand Fast in Faith' Digi Set.  You can find it in the store by clicking on the watermark of the set below.
 Digital Image:
  • Angel wings:  The image that I used as a backdrop to the quote on the inside of the card is Digi Darla's Angel Wing Set 3 
    • I changed the overall colour and then went in and coloured the cute little flowers in Photoshop Essentials 5.
    • I used the same iridescent glitter glue and added it to the upper part of the wings.   I've enlarged the picture for you to see the sparkle a bit better. 


OVERALL 

Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Cricut Cartridge Used:
  • Birthday Bash:  The round card base is made using the Birthday Bash cartridge.  I then took the flower and image combo and glued it to the front of the base.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design teamWe always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.



Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,


Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


 

18 comments:

ike said...

That is wonderful and such gorgeous colouring :-)
I have made that mistake before too and produced something when they had changed the 'Theme' LoL
Never mind - sometimes we work better under pressure hahaha !!!
Hugz
IKE xxx

NickScrapShack said...

Lisa this is just wonderful. I adore this card. Not bad at all for first time round... lol. No this is so beautiful. I love the ribbon waved like that and the sentiment with the wings inside... Wow!

Have a great week!
Hugs Nick

Mrs A. said...

A really pretty card and just love how you have threaded the ribbon through the border on the circle.
hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

OMG this is just what I needed today! A reminder to look up and you did it in such a lovely way. The card is gorgeous Lisa. You always manage to touch my heart when I need it most. Hugs,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Crafting Vicky said...

This is a stunning card! I really love how you have paperpieced the sky! I would not have thought of doing that. And the ribbon through the circle is just fabulous!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

WOAH...fancy shmancy chica! That ribbon edge is unbelievable. What a fantastic card!!! :D

Cherished said...

Beautiful Creation. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Love to scrap.

Mynn xx said...

This is so beautiful! I LOVE the ribbon around the card and I LOVE the sentiment on the inside! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

PS: I've got a DT call on for a new challenge called House of Cards. I'd love for you to enter if you're interested! :)

Valerie said...

Lovely card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Scrap challenge blog.

Barbara Bruder said...

Lisa your card design is great and the sentiment is so wonderful. Perfect fit for your angel.
Thanks for joining us at the May Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge.
Barbara DT coordin.

Laura said...

Very beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this month at Forever Friends for our monthly challenge.
Laura xx

Sue said...

Such a beautifully designed card Lisa. I love the image, gorgeous colours and the way you have added the ribbon looks wonderful.
Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge.
Sue xx

Angelique said...

Lovely design. Such a sweet image and love the lace weaved through the frame.
Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap!

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Denise Pustelniak said...

How PRETTY is this! Love the way you wove the ribbon!

KalySto said...

Such an interesting card! beautiful sentiment!
Thank you for joining us in Card Mania Challenge!
Hope to see you again!
Kaly

Sue said...

Hello again Lisa, just popping back to say Thank you for taking part in the No Matter Which Challenge this month
hugs Sue xx

Michelle McClure said...

I love how you made such an inspirational card! The ribbon work is spectacular. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog.

JenniferD said...

What a gorgeous Card lovely little verses! Thanks for joining us at NMWC