Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Spotlight: May 26, 2013

If you are just visiting for the first time, it is that time of week when I say a particular thank you to one of my readers acknowledging them for something thoughtful, inspiring, or mindful that they have said in one of their comments. It is not just about flattery [although that is nice sometimes too ;-) ]; it is about walking away from the comment and wanting to touch on and explore an idea they have presented.  Sometimes it might just be one or two words that they have said that reaches out and elicits a response in me.  

As a way of saying thanks, I will present this person with an advanced copy of a freebie that I promise, no one else will be able to get their hand on for at least three months and possibly longer.  Of course it might take awhile, I'm currently about seven behind, although technically five remain unclaimed.  One of them might just be you so don't forget to check each Sunday if you are in the habit of leaving comments.  Oh and only only about four of 113 eligible people from two weeks ago requested their freebies.  Now the bulk of those are people who were strictly over here on DT duties and will probably never read a Sunday Spotlight post; however, there are at least 20 or 30 regulars that I expected to see ask for it.  So, check and see if your name is on that list. Go HERE to check.

So without further ado, the comment I'm highlighting and reflecting on this week belongs to...



DESIRE

who said this:
Lisa, you are truly one amazing and inspirational person and I would love to meet you in person! I just cant get my head around how you manage to keep tabs of everything in blog land and then also spend so much time to honour everyone but yourself. You definitely need truck loads of recognition. Thank you for being the amazing caring and sharing person you are. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life – my personal blog} on Sunday Spotlight: May 12, 2013

Okay, I admit it.  This one was strictly picked by my ego.  Aren't warm fuzzies wonderful to experience?  I am fortunate that I receive them often in one form or other from my many wonderful readers.  This one just really called to me.  It is nice to know that I continue to inspire some of you out there.  That is one of my goals and apparently I'm meeting it.  Additionally, Desire touches on something else that is important to me--honouring you guys for the successes you achieve.  Remember those warm fuzzies I talked about?  Well, everyone deserves them and that is why I work so hard to acknowledge as many of you as I can each month.

So, thanks Desire and so many of you out there for noticing the hard work I put into this blog, bringing you the kinds of features you like to see.  Oh and Desire, who knows?  If I ever come into a few million dollars maybe I will make it half way around the world so that we can meet in person.  It would certainly be a privilege to do so.

Honourable mentions include:
  •  Lisa, thank you so very much for highlighting my tutorial on adding an image to a candle. You are such bright light in the crafting world, not just for your amazing talent, but also for your amazing support of others. I hope you have a memorable time with your cousin and that this will be just the start of many more times together. Deb on Saturday Showcase: May 11, 2013
  • This is fabulous that you got that many comments! But then again so very well deserved! You are a fabulous person. So glad that I was able to speak to you in person ;) Vicky on Sunday Spotlight: May 12, 2013
  • Lisa you are so incredibly sweet! Look how popular you are to get that many compliments and comments in one month. Just shows how fab you really are. I hope you feel truly loved because you are! ~Deb~ CDAC DT Member A Look Through My Eyes on Sunday Spotlight: May 12, 2013 
  • Whoa girl!!! Thanks so much for the shoutout! Look at this post! So many great and talented ladies and their blogs! I don't know how you can keep all of the information straight, but you are crazy good at what you do, Lisa!!! Thank you thank you so much! And thanks for the new side bar blinkie! Wheeee! I didn't have much time to coordinate a hop or anything, so this is really something special to me that you did this and made me a blinkie. Words cannot express how grateful I am! Cely on Congratulatory Considerations for April 
  • This must have been so very emotional!!! What a great way to spend the time together! And you are right you cannot change the past but you can enjoy the future together! That's the important part. Vicky on Motivational Monday: In the Book of Family a New Chapter Has Begun
  • How cool is that ?!! - I am glad you had a great time and here's hoping it's just the start of a fabulous relationship :-) Hugz IKE xx on Motivational Monday: In the Book of Family a New Chapter Has Begun
  • Oh wow Lisa, this is an amazing story you have related here. Life is so amazing and takes strange turns with us, but in the end its all worth living, and every day holds a hint of excitement. Thank you so much for these awesome sentiment, also wonderful for scrapbooking pages. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life – my personal blog} on Motivational Monday: In the Book of Family a New Chapter Has Begun
  • What a wonderful, heartwarming story that you shared Lisa. I hope that things move forward in the best possible way for you both. Forget the past as it cannot be changed and look forward to the future. Hugs, Jen xx Krafty Keepsakes on Motivational Monday: In the Book of Family a New Chapter Has Begun
  • Lisa what an amazing journey your beginning with your cousin. Friends are family you choose but family is family for life! Enjoy your time together now that you've found each other. Huge hugs, ~Deb~ CDAC DT Member A Look Through My Eyes on Motivational Monday: In the Book of Family a New Chapter Has Begun
  • I've took a bit of a break away from the computer as I have been very tired this last week so I have lot of catching up to do. I wanted to just say how wonderful it is that you and Karen have been able to make this connection, certainly better later than never! Families and relationships are not always easy and many of us have chequered pasts but how you go one in the future is so important. You are both forging ahead with a very strong relationship and I am sure you will be a very big part of each other's lives for the rest of your days. (((Big Hugs))) and lots of love Mandy xxx on Motivational Monday: In the Book of Family a New Chapter Has Begun 

Thank you everyone for your continued support of my blog.  Please know just how much all your comments mean to me.   Always know that I read every single one and respond when I can. Without you spending some of your valuable time coming over and leaving me comments, there would no incentive to continue doing what I'm doing!  So as always, thanks from the bottom of my heart for your continued support. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!

Until next time, 

 

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Once again you outdid yourself with your latest spotlight post and I am truly honoured to have been in the spotlight and am still blushing as I am definitely a background girl lol.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lisa Minckler said...

It's more than deserving that you take the time to pat yourself on the back! Absolutely you are worthy of this recognition as you do so much for others and ask little or nothing for yourself. It's wonderful to see that so many people are aware of your hard work and that they leave such accolades of appreciation for you!
Congratulations to Desire for being selected. That was a very touching comment she left.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Original.
hugs,
The other one

Crafting Vicky said...

Yes you really are a truly inspirational person!!! And you deserve a bunch more of recognition than what we can give you. Keep up the great work!!!!

Jennifer said...

It is wonderful to see the recognition that you get Lisa, you so deserve each and every comment that gets left for you. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes