Monday, May 27, 2013

Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenges #64--Father's Day

For several of you, in the States, Britain and elsewhere, today is a day off.  I hope that you are all enjoying this extra long weekend.  Here in Canada it is back to business and since my business these days is blogging and card making let's get right to it.

Time for this week's challenge over at the darling Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #64 the theme is "Father's Day"It is time to see all those cards dedicated to dear old dad.  Although my own poppa better not hear me call him old or else a scolding it will be for me! 

Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! That is a lot of digital delight and there have been winners who have walked away with all eight images so it isn't just a pipe dream, it can happen.  If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.

I've used the following digi in my project this week:

Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • I think that my mojo has gone out for tea with Ike's and Lisa M.'s.  Both had been in creative slumps as well (they said this, not me) but it seems that Lisa's muse is once again on talking terms with her and Ike's mojo is paying supervised visits again.  So, hopefully mine will be satisfied with a short sojourn down through the States and off to Greece to visit with other mojos.  I would certainly be refreshed with a trip like that so hopefully my mojo will be too.  I just haven't been happy with most of the card I've put together in the last couple weeks.  I felt like I hit a high note with my first ever round card but since then it has been a complete struggle with unsatisfying results. Take this card for example which is a shame since it is meant for my own father.  He may not realize it isn't my better work but I certainly do.

 FRONT
 

Digital Image:
  • Dad and Daughter: Coloured using Copic markers.  ShirtYR000, YR00, YR02, YR04.  Tie & Pants:  C3, C5, C7.  Shoes:  C7, 100.  Dress:  YR02, YR04, YR07.  Hair:  E21, E31, E33, E37, E39.  Skin:  E000, E00, E02, R20.  Grounding around image:  BG10.  Ground: Watercolouring pencils.
Digital Sentiment:

  • Father's Day Best Wishes: This is another great sentiment that I picked up as a freebie from Netty's Cards. Don't forget to check them all out by visiting HERE. Check out some of her cards while you are there. She is very talented.
Embellishments:
  • Ribbon:  White ribbon that I cut into pennant shapes is from Dollarama.

 INSIDE
 

Digital Sentiment:
  • Special Day...:  Once again I rely on the incomparable Create With TLC for my inside sentiment.  You can find it in the set below.  I've linked the watermark up to its location in the store.
 OVERALL 

Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white
  • Designer Paper:  Chevron (front) & Hatched blue paper (front & inside)--Recollection's Bright & Basic Paper Pad.  
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design teamWe always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.



Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,


Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


 

10 comments:

ike said...

Oh, that is sooooooo delightful and such wonderful colouring Lisa :-) An absolute cracker of a card !!! :-D
Huggies
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Desire Fourie said...

This is precious and perfect for any loving Dad.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Denise Pustelniak said...

Lisa, this is PERFECT! Love that digi and your coloring is SPOT ON!

Karon said...

Fabulous card Lisa - love the image, and wonderful colours. TFS

Shea said...

OK, this card is FABULOUS, and your coloring is awesome! Yay for Copics, you did a great job with them! Love the sentiment, too!

Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa, what a wonderful card, it just says it all, daughter helping daddy out when she can. So cute. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes

Annette said...

Lisa. Your card is lovely. Thanks so much for your email. And thanks also for the credit for my freebie sentiment.
I love seeing it on your card. Fab Father's Day card

Hugs
Annette

Lisa Minckler said...

GORGEOUS card!! The colors, style, design and image are perfect for each other. Very special sentiment too :)

Michele said...

Your coloring is amazing! The highlights on the Dad's shirt and pants is great. (I need to learn or just slow down and try. :) ) Great image and card Lisa!!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great Card LIsa, love the colours you haved used on this too
Julie x