Time for this week's challenge over at the darling Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #64 the theme is "Father's Day". It is time to see all those cards dedicated to dear old dad. Although my own poppa better not hear me call him old or else a scolding it will be for me!
Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! That is a lot of digital delight and there have been winners who have walked away with all eight images so it isn't just a pipe dream, it can happen. If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I think that my mojo has gone out for tea with Ike's and Lisa M.'s. Both had been in creative slumps as well (they said this, not me) but it seems that Lisa's muse is once again on talking terms with her and Ike's mojo is paying supervised visits again. So, hopefully mine will be satisfied with a short sojourn down through the States and off to Greece to visit with other mojos. I would certainly be refreshed with a trip like that so hopefully my mojo will be too. I just haven't been happy with most of the card I've put together in the last couple weeks. I felt like I hit a high note with my first ever round card but since then it has been a complete struggle with unsatisfying results. Take this card for example which is a shame since it is meant for my own father. He may not realize it isn't my better work but I certainly do.
- Dad and Daughter: Coloured using Copic markers. Shirt: YR000, YR00, YR02, YR04. Tie & Pants: C3, C5, C7. Shoes: C7, 100. Dress: YR02, YR04, YR07. Hair: E21, E31, E33, E37, E39. Skin: E000, E00, E02, R20. Grounding around image: BG10. Ground: Watercolouring pencils.
- Father's Day Best Wishes: This is another great sentiment that I picked up as a freebie from Netty's Cards. Don't forget to check them all out by visiting HERE. Check out some of her cards while you are there. She is very talented.
- Ribbon: White ribbon that I cut into pennant shapes is from Dollarama.
- Special Day...: Once again I rely on the incomparable Create With TLC for my inside sentiment. You can find it in the set below. I've linked the watermark up to its location in the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white
- Designer Paper: Chevron (front) & Hatched blue paper (front & inside)--Recollection's Bright & Basic Paper Pad.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Twist Twist
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.