Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge #5--Celebrate Mom/Woman With Flowers

It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.


 This month we are looking for projects that Celebrate Mom or a Special Woman with Flowers. There are many females in our lives that deserve honour or recognition so this theme should provide you with plenty of inspiration.
 
DON'T FORGET THAT THE RULES for entering into our challenges HAVE CHANGED!!! 

Remember you NO LONGER NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project.  You still must follow the monthly theme and you can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE. However, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entriesAs always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post.  This challenge will end at 9pm PST on June 14th.

The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive 3 digital images.  If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize.  Additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team.  We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. 

You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE and there is a free one over on the challenge blog as well.
 

To help inspire you, I've created a card using two of Sandy's wonderful images from the store.  

Mr. Wool-oon
Woolley Chorus Line

You can purchase Woolley Chorus Line HERE and Mr. Wool-oon HERE
 

Bugaboo is sponsoring us this month so I also used one of their digis too.





This Bugaboo balloons digi can be purchased HERE.  

Here is the front of my card... 


Here is a close up of the chorus line... 


Here is the inside... 


With a close up of the inside...


Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Notes:

  • Oh Lord.  I really need to start paying more attention.  I probably shouldn't even admit this but as I went to create a folder on my system for the latest challenge, I decided to go over into our DT group and make sure I had the title of the challenge correct.  I was pretty sure I knew what it was but I ended up forgetting one key part.  I knew that the focus was on mothers or a special woman but I completely missed the part where it said 'with flowers'.  Now apparently, someone is looking out for me.  Since I decided to go more with a focus on a card for a special woman but it isn't really obvious in my card, I decided that one way to make sure it had a very feminine twist was to add a couple flowers.  Well, darn good thing I did.  

FRONT

Digital Image:
  • Woolley Chorus Line:  Information for where to buy this image is included above.  It was coloured using Copic markers.  Sheep:  Colourless blender, N0, C1, C3.
    • Clouds pattern came from a neat site called Webtreats, Etc.
    • I have done my first attempt at using brushes for grass and given I haven't got the foggiest idea what I am doing, I didn't do half bad.  I used a mixture of brushes and three different colours for depth.
Digital Sentiment:
  • Mine.  I used B32 to highlight around the edges of the paper.  Opposite corners were clipped using a corner rounder.
Ribbon:
  • Blue ribbon is Craft brand from Dollarama.
Embellishments:
  • White flowers and leaves along with the green stones in the centre are from Dollarama.

INSIDE 

Digital Image: 
  • As you can see from the watermarks provided, I have taken the original balloon that was part of Sandy's super sweet Mr. Wool-oon image and replaced it with the cool Bugaboo balloon set that I received as a stamp from our wonderful challenge sponsor.  Now, please note that I sought out and received permission from both parties to do so. Which brings me to the following Disclaimer:
If you decide to do something similar, it is imperative that you read the terms of use for each and every image that you work with and that if you don't find a clause regarding the altering of digis, that you contact the original artist.  Terms of use or angel policies will differ with each and every company selling digital images and digital papers.  While some companies do not take issue with their images being altered others do, so make sure you seek permission from EACH COMPANY involved.  Also, keep in mind that if you do alter a digital image or digital paper, even with permission, this does not alter the fact that the image belongs to the original artist(s).  Creating a hybrid image DOES NOT allow you to claim the new image as your own and do with it as you wish.
  • Scribbles Mr. Wool and Bugaboo BalloonsInformation for where to buy each of these images is included above.  Both images were coloured using Copic markersMr. Wool:  Colourless blender, N0, C1, C3.  Balloons: YG61, YG63, YG67, B32, B34, B39. The image was blended digitally and then fussycut. It was adhered using pop dots to make it stand out more.
Digital Sentiment: 
  • Mine as well.

OVERALL

Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  Dotted paper (front & inside)--Recollection's Bold Basics Paper Pad. 
  • Shadow in behind sentiment (inside):  Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
 Challenges I hope to enter include:
More challenges may be added throughout the week and/or month ahead.

So get those creative juices flowing and come up with a card honouring mom or a special woman in your life.  Remember you have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.  While you are there, please check out the great inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT.  We look forward to seeing what you come up with for this month's theme!   


Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,

Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence a different size, font or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


17 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is precious Lisa. So love the family of ewes on the front and the clouds behind them. Shame the little ewe on the inside is so lonesome.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

This is totally fabulous! I wish that whatever was watching over you when you made the card would have watched over me... I missed the part about the flowers... :( Great background for those sheep!!! I will have to come back when I'm home to get the site for this!!! Totally love it!

ike said...

Hahahaha !!! AWESOME card - I just LOVE those sheep and the inside really rocks too. :-D Such a bright, smiley card.... I sat here beaming just looking at it. FABBO !!
Huggies
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sharla said...

Very cute and fun card Lisa! Love the clouds and sheep!!

Sharla :)
Scribbles DT

Cely said...

LOL lisa! i didn't see the part "with flowers" either! its a good thing i picked the "flowers" digi. i guess it just goes together with mom/special woman = flowers. great minds think alike!

and you are so clever for putting the bugaboo balloons with mr. wool!!!

Karon said...

Wonderful fun card - love those sheep :-) TFS

Sandy S said...

it all worked out so well... love the colors and the accents.... perfect!

Sandy S

Jennifer said...

I love your card Lisa, the grass is looking good but I think it is in need of a mowing. lol Good luck in your challenges. Hugs, Jen :-) xx
Krafty Keepsakes

Lisa Minckler said...

It's adorable!!! I love what you did with the ewes and I had a great laugh at the flower part! LOL That's okay, our last DT challenges was for boxes and I thought it said Foxes...who feels silly now??? ;)
OHHH....I've also decided on the paper. I love polka dots in Spring colors.
Hugs!!!
Lisa x

Monica =) said...

I totally love your sheep card!!! <3
They're sooo fun and look fab with the background you made for them!

Hugs, Monica

Sheila H said...

Cute card - the sheep are adorable. Thanks for sharing with 613 Avenue Create.

Sandra H said...

Oh wow this is lovely and thank you for joining our challenge at Forever Friends Pastels" good luck and hope to see you again DT Member Sandra H xx

Linda said...

Thanks again for joining our Foreverfriends-Pastel color challenge! Now with this funny card!
X Linda DT-FF
stampscrapandsmile.blogspot.nl

Lisa xx said...

this gorgeous, thank you so much for joining in with the FFMC, good luck!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Cute Cute Cute...This is just adorable...joann sassy raggedy

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

BWAHAHAHAH!!!
LOVE this! Those little sheep are ADORABLE. LOVE them all in a line.
Your grass is gorgeous! and I love the sky!!! WOW!!!
The inside is just as fantastic.
Wonderful, fun, smile inducing card Lisa! Thanks for sharing!

VanessaB said...

ohmygoodness. I love sheep.soooo CUTE!