Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

For some of you, Mother's Day was celebrated earlier this year.  For others, you have yet to be pampered on your special day.  However, here in North America and in many countries around the world, Mother's Day is being celebrated today.  So, to any one of you who is a Mother to either the two legged variety or the four legged kind, I wish you all a very happy Mother's Day.

Now there is one lady in particular that deserves a special shout out from me and that is my own Momma.  So to honour her, I've created a special digital layout for her...
 
She already has her card.  I sent it back with her when my parents were up here the middle of April so that it wouldn't get crushed in the mail.  It was the special 'Mother's are like buttons...' card that I created for the San's Design Blog hop and new release at the beginning of April.  If you'd like to see that card, head HERE.  

Digital Design Details:
  • Today, I relied once again on San's Design to put together this special tribute layout.  For this project I used some of the elements from San's wonderful Purple and Dots Digital Scrapbooking Kit which you can find in the store HERE.  The set includes seven papers, an alphabet (including å, ä and ö), and twenty elements.  I also used San's wonderful heart frame that you can still get as a freebie by clicking HERE.










  • The design was created primarily in Photoshop Essentials 5 with the final touches added in Inkscape.
  • I coloured in the hearts with complementary purples and added some texture.
  • I enhanced the texture of the purple paper in the upper area of the design.
  • The digital sentiment, MOM-manager of miracles, is a fabulous choice from Digi Darla's and you can find it in the Digi Darla's Designs store HERE.  It was recoloured digitally and a texture added to it as well.
 Challenges I hope to enter include:

 Now what is a special celebration without some freebies, so here you all go...


 Font:  Scriptina Pro --CU



  Fonts:  Apex Lake --CU & Prism --CU



Fonts:  Apex Lake --CU & Prism --CU
 

 Font:  Luvable --CU
 



 Fonts:  Apex Lake --CU & Prism --CU

 
Fonts:  Apex Lake --CU & Prism --CU

 Enjoy!


Until next time,



If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page. Please be sure to read the Angel policy found under the copyright info tab above. Below is a quick summary of those Terms of Use:
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creationYou may sell handmade creations with this image.  Just be sure you check out the specifics of my t.o.u.
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.
 

15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Had a little chuckle by myself re the 4-legged Moms. Love your digi design with the purple and black. Thanks also for the wonderful freebies. I have created another card with one of your sentiments which will go live tomorrow. Will email you the link.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

ike said...

I love that creation with San's kits... I must confess I haven't got round to using mine yet :-(
Thank you very much for the Sentiments :-)
Happy Mothers' Day over there :-)
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxx

Karon said...

Fabulous digital LO - what wonderful colours and details. Love the sentiment in the middle :-)

Crafting Vicky said...

That is totally awesome!!! such a wonderful layout!!!

Karen Wilson said...

This is just beautiful Lisa. Thank you for sharing with us at Digitally Sweet!!!

Unknown said...

How about this? BEAUTIFUL plus plus.
We really love what you have created and posted with us this week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hey Lisa, this is GORGEOUS! She will definitely feel special! Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

Gorgeous colours in your tribute to your Mum. Thanks for playing at Digitally Sweet Challenge this week.

Hugs Ali x

NanaConnie said...

This is magnificent, Lisa! You know I'm loving the purple. :-) OK, putting on my DT hat -- I'm so glad you joined in our challenge at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout Lisa. You're mom is a lucky lady to have a sweet daughter like you. Hope you had a great Mother's day. Hugs my friend,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Thanks for the free sentiments! Thanks so much for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Confiseries Papier said...

I just love this card, great colors. Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

VanessaB said...

so pretty! love the design - and colors :)

Sarah said...

Awesome LO; love all the texture you added! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I am out of town right now. I won't get home till May 28th. I hope to be able to save these lovely sentiments when I get home. These will make great cards! Thank you. Edwina Brown