Friday, May 31, 2013

Card Design: Delightful Inspiration May Challenge

It is time for me to post my card for the Delightful Inspiration progressive stamp of the month challenge.  In order to enter this challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really great images.  Below you will find the card I'm entering for the May challenge.

General Information:
  • I did well on this card finding a way to use digis from three different artists.  It is always nice being able to find images that work well together to represent the amazingly creative peeps out there sharing their artistic talents with all of us.
 FRONT


Digital Image:
  • The image on the front, For You Mouse, is available for purchase over at Delightful Inspirations.  Click HERE to go to its location in the store.  
    • The majority of the image was coloured up digitally and the flowers and nose were coloured with Copics.   Flowers:  Y32, Y35, YR24, R35, R39 (petals); YG00, YG03, YG05 (leaves/stems).  Nose:  R20, R22, C3.
    • Digital credits include:
Embellishments:
  • Ribbon:  The pink ribbon running along the bottom is Celebrate It brand, purple label, from Michael's. 
  • I took some one layer flowers, cut the stems and spread them a bit.  Then I added some Craft brand pearl halves.  Both these products are from Dollarama.

 INSIDE


Digital Image:
  • The image on the inside is one of Sandy's flower scribbles that I love so much. It was the perfect design to match the type of flowers used on the front.  You can find it over at Scribbles Designs by going HERE.
    • I coloured the flowers with Copics using the same colours I used for the flowers and leaves/stems on the front.  I placed the image just above the sentiment before printing it out.
Digital Sentiment:
  • With thanks:  This sentiment was picked up as a freebie sometime last year over at Pollycraft Designs.  The blog has been newly revamped and worth a visit.  Paula, the owner and designer behind Pollycraft took an eight month 'leave of absence' but came back in May and now has a new design team to back her up.  Her creations are great and when you have the chance you should take a peek.  While I couldn't find the sentiment I used in the store, there are tons of others worth a look. 
OVERALL
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  Floral paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.   
  • Green paper used as a shadow is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.

    Including Delightful Inspirations (link up top), these are the other challenges I hope to enter:
Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,
  


8 comments:

K8 said...

What a beautiful card, love the image! Have a great day, hugs Kate

Suze said...

Delightful card Lisa. What a wonderful match with the two flower digis. Love the flowers you created too.

Desire Fourie said...

This is precious Lisa. Love the cheerful little spring scene you have crafted here.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sassy Raggedy said...

How cute this little guy is...The inside is just as nice as the outside. Thanks so much for the links...Hugz, joann

Unknown said...

Awesome card Lisa, I love the digitally colored fur on the mouse's body, that is one cute mouse.. I love the placement of Sandie's image inside the card!! Beautiful work my friend.. (Michael let me use his computer! hehe xxxxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Now that is talent!! What you can do digitally blows my mind. I LOOOVE the texture of that little mouse. He just looks so fluffy and cuddly. Great job marrying the different digital images together too. :)
hugs,
the other one

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally awesome card. I love how you have managed to combine the images!

Jennifer said...

Great card Lisa, and what a cute little mouse, just love the colouring on the card. Hugs, Jen x
Krafty Keepsakes