Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Showcase: May 25, 2013


If you are new to my blog, it is time for the Saturday Showcase where I highlight other artists' work (whether it be stamps, cards or otherwise), a blog post offering a great technique, or I might even just pick a whole blog to showcase. If you are new and would like to find out why I created the showcase, you can go HERE.

This week I am showcasing a site that has some some phenomenal freebies. 




My top picks for this week are some... 
Free Digital Images
The wonderful freebies displayed below were created by
EMILY
Her blog is called
Sweetly Scrapped
 Her store of the same name can be found HERE.

Oh my goodness.  I don't even know where to start with this blog.  I guess I could begin with Emily is AMAZING and GENEROUS and did I mention AMAZING?  

Emily's Blog, Sweetly Scrapped, is one of the very first blogs I came across when I started my search for free digitals and card inspiration, a little over five months before I began my own blogging journey.  In fact now that I think about it, it is just a little over a year since embarking on such an incredible find.  Now although, I haven't been able to pop over lately as much as I used to, I subscribe to Emily's posts by email so that when I do get a bit of time in my schedule, I have everything organized so that I can do some catching up.

So many goodies to talk about.  You name it and Emily probably has it!  She offers up freebies under the following categories:
  • Etsy Banners
  • Blog Backgrounds
  • Blog Headers
  • Digitals
  • Printable Albums
  • Printable Papers
  • Printable Tags
  • Printables in General
  • Word Collages 
  • Business Cards 
                                            ...and that is just the start!

It would take me several hours to go through and list all of the different freebies that Emily has.  Suffice it to say that her blog is most definitely worth the time you spend there.

Today I am going to share some of my favourites with you.  To start, there are her beautiful angel wings.







I just love these wings.  Emily offers up 138 in all, so you have your pick.  There are many different textures, colours and background images to choose from.  She offers you the opportunity to download them all in a zip file or you can pick and choose one at a time.  The five above, are my favourites of the bunch.  I have hopes in the future to find some really great quotes to pair with them.  If you are interested in grabbing these wings for yourself, click HERE and it will take you to the host post.

A few months after the angel wing post came out, she created some papers with a similar theme.






 
These three are my favourites of that group.  There is just something about the richness of the colours that draws me in.  As I get more and more comfortable with digital paper piecing, you will be seeing more of Emily's beautiful papers.  If you would like to take advantage of these beautiful papers, click HERE and it will take you to the host post.

The next items I am going to share with you today are a few of her digital stamps.




 The image on the left can be found HERE.



The image on the right can be found HERE.


 


 Same image in colour and black and white.

These images can be found HERE.







Aren't they just the sweetest little girls?  I just love them.  Ah....so many digis to work with, so little time...

The final goody I'm going to show you today is this yummy vintage paper.


Isn't it just gorgeous.  So rich and vibrant.  Hmmm...maybe it could serve as a wall paper in behind an image or even as a backdrop DP on a card.....so many different ideas for so many incredible creations.  If you like this one, it can be found HERE.

Please go over an have a look around Sweetly Scrapped.  I promise you that you will not be disappointed.  While you are there, be sure to stop by her Shop and check out the amazing creations she has for sale.  Clicking on the blog name at the top of this segment will bring you to her blog.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope that you have enjoyed your visit and will take some time to go see EmilyShe works very hard to provide us with free images to use and inspiration entice us, so it is important that we don't take her for granted.

Thanks to Emily for very generously agreeing to allow me to showcase so many of her amazing images on my blog.  I'm sure this won't be the last time I showcase her work.  Though you never know, I may be contacting YOU next to showcase something incredible you've created. 

Today is a special weekend for many.  To all my beautiful American friends and followers, have a wonderful long Memorial Day weekend.  To my sweet peeps in the United Kingdom, enjoy your Bank HolidayFor those of you in France and Sweden and a few other countries, Happy Mother's Day! To everyone reading these words, may you spend your time this weekend, whether long or short, doing something you love, surrounded by those most important to you.

Until next time,
 


Note:   *Thanks to Nikki from Limited Runs Stamps for creating my Saturday Showcase badge.


10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome showcase Lisa. Hopping over to Emily to leave some love. Thanks for shring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lisa Minckler said...

Good grief!!! I could spend all week there and still not see everything. What a truly generous blog and I thank you so much for sharing this site. Her work is fabulous!!!!

Kelly said...

Awesome post, need to check Emily's blog out
Hugs Kelly

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow that is fabulous art pieces!!! I'm going to have to go and check it out. Thank you again for a great showcase!

ike said...

Thanks for the link - I went over to have a look. Hasn't she got some fabulous things !!! She is indeed very generous :-) !!!

Hugz
IKE xxx

Jennifer said...

It was so wonderful to visit today! Love all the goodies you've shared that Emily has created! I popped over to her blog, and it was a delight! Thanks so much! Have a beautiful day!

Charlene Mitchell said...

I have just been over to visit Emily's blog - she sure does have some beautiful stuff and so many freebies! wow! Thanks for the shout-out! I've just spent over an hour on her blog . . . now I have to go and do what I started out to do on the computer today hee hee Thanks Lisa!

Suze said...

Like some of the other commenters, I hadn't come across Emily's blog before. Just been over there and seen some wonderful things - will have to go back when I have more time as there is alot of goodies there. Did the sensible thing and added her to my blog reading list so I don't miss out on any of her newer posts. Thanks to Emily for having such a wonderful blog and to you Lisa for making sure the rest of us don't miss out.

Unknown said...

Wow these are gorgeous! I'll definitely be following her, thanks for introducing us. Hugs my friend,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Alvaro said...

This is cool!